What reasons motivated you to send your toddler to preschool? (2 to 3 years old)

lesjoiesdemaman

Asked by lesjoiesdemaman at 12:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my only reason was so she could interact with other kids her age...i dont have any friends..so there were no kids for playdates...so preschool was my only choice
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I didn't at this age, 2 to 3 is way to young that would be daycare. Kids learn better a home at this age and if I need some time I would only put then daycare for a couple of hours, couple days a week, never full time.

Just a point, I think by changing the name of daycare to preschool you will still feel guilty. (daycare business have change the name)

gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• IMO 2 to 3 is way too young. I would not put my kids in preschool at this age. They have enough interaction with other kids & i have a little school time here at the house & going on field trips to teach them so this is enough for me.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• To socialize, kinder prep, have my daughter be more independent, learn to share and develop social skills with other children (my daughter was an only child going into preschool).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My kids went when they were 3 for the socializtion.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My 2 year old went to preschool, not daycare. She went 2 days/week, 4 hours/day. They worked on numbers, letters, and socialization (sharing, turn taking, etc.). I sent her to have fun - and she did! She loved it and made a lot of good friends that we still keep up with (she's 9).

Answer by missanc at 1:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My son went at 2.5 years old and it was not daycare. Daycare takes babies. For his school you have to be 2.5 years old and potty trained. He goes to private school. Anyways, he went because he needed to socialization with other kids. He is an only child and we had no friends with kids at the time. He has enjoyed it and the new experiences.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i am sending my son in aug, he just turned 3. he's an only child and there's not a lot of kids around here for him to play with. i also want him to learn that its ok being away from mommy for a while during the day. he has already learned a lot just from being with me but there are somethings that a teacher can teach better than parents.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I sent my son at 4. I did not send his older sister at all. I was talking to the pediatrician about my son's behavior and she thought it would be a good idea to put him in a different situation. She wanted to see how he would react if he was in a structured environment. He has been doing better, but we still think he might have ADHD.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Motivation was time for myself even if it was only a couple of hours three times a week.
    Another motivation was to meet other mothers with children the same age as mine.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 5:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011