Did any of you announce you were pregnant before 12 weeks? Why and why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes, my 3 pregnancies were announced before 12 weeks. the longest i waited with to tell was my 3rd, i was closer to 10 weeks before i made it public. i was afraid of judgments because my 2nd was only 4 months when i got pregnant again. i guess i told sooner with the other 2 cause im not good at keeping secrets. lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I took a picture of the positive test, scrapbooked it, and sent that out to friends and family...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes I did with both of my pregnancies. I was too excited, and bad at keeping secrets like that. Luckily, nothing bad happened.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• When I was two weeks late I new I was pregnant. But it took three test to become positive, that was about 4 weeks.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yes i was too excited..i had to tell everyone. Plus im terrible at keeping secrets
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 12:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes I always ended up spilling before 12 weeks. Mostly because I always had morning sickness pretty bad, so I had a hard time hiding it. People would end up guessing.
    With my last baby it was so bad and we were staying with my inlaws. I had to tell.

Answer by gemgem at 12:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i found out at 5 weeks...literally 3 days after finding out..my mom ASKED ME if i was...she ended up telling everyone..which completely pissed me off!!!! but..what can ya do..whats done was done!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i didnt either time. the first time i didnt tell anyone till i was like 6 months- i was young and unmarried and scared.. then the 2nd time, my mom had just passed away & i waiting till probably 16 weeks till tell anyone.. made sure the baby was healthy and everything.
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• As soon as I knew for sure we told our families, made the official announcment to everyone else as soon as all of our immediate family members knew. So it was right away for us. I dont think I could wait till 12 weeks to make the announcment
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 12:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The minute the two lines showed up on the test I was on the bat phone alerting the media! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2011