Denied IHSS / Protective Supervision / Parent provider?

Have you tried to apply for IHSS and or protective supervision for your disabled child to be their parent provider and was denied over the phone without even recieving an inhome assesment? Or if you did receive and inhome assesment were you still denied? If so im interested in 1. if denied over the phone what was the social workers excuse and 2. If denied after inhome assesment what was the reason. Also if you were not denied were you given the least amount of hours possible even though you know your child is severly disabled and needs more hours and protective supervision?

I am asking this question because this is what happend to me. I knew what they were doing was wrong and they were not following regulations. I fought them and won my case. So I am wondering if this has happend to other parents or family members. If this has happend to you and you feel they too did not follow regulations I can help you. For example I was told over the phone my child does not qualify due to his age and it is my responsibilty as his mother. This is against regulation, no child or adult can be denied due to age and cant be denied over the phone, there must be an inhome assesment done. They will give you an excuse over the phone and tell you, you dont qualify then say that you withdrew your app. When in reality they told you that you cant receive services. I live in Ca. and Im just looking to help other parents get the services and help their children deserve.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• all questions show up on the first page you dont need to post in multiple catagories
    Anonymous

• Ok, Thank You.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011