rh Negative

My first pregnancy they found out that i was R h Negative. I had the rhogam shot during pregnancy but didn' t have to have it after my deliver. I am now pregnant.... just found out.... and was wondering how this would effect me or the baby now?

Ashley.herzing

Asked by Ashley.herzing at 12:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• they will give you another shot during your pregnancy and maybe again after delivery it shoudlnt affect you at all.
    Anonymous

• they will give you another shot while you are pregnant and i cant remember how it works if the baby has the same blodd type as you i think thats how it is then you don't have to have it after delivery i am also rh negative and have three very healthy beautiful children nothing to worry about
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Since you had the shot during your first pregnancy, you'll be good to go now! They didn't give you the shot after you delivered because your baby turned out to have the same blood type as you. If they have a different blood type, you both have to get the shot again. They'll most likely give you the shot around 28 weeks with this pregnancy, too. Good luck =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I am also RH negative as well and had the shot around 28 ish weeks with my first pregnancy. I didn't have to get the shot after I delivered but will have to get again for my next pregnancy.
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I would definitely see your doctor soon. Please don't think I am trying to scare you, but I lost my first baby because I was negative and the baby was positive. I now have two healthy kids. Just see your doctor so you can be at ease and have them explain everything.
    Angie211

Answer by Angie211 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2008