Have you ever had a very abnormal pap smear and had to get a biopsy?

Three years ago I had an abnormal pap smear and I never followed through with it and kinda forgot about it but I'm now almost 6 months pregnant and I had a pap smear in November and my doctor never mentioned anything about it and I switched doctors and met with her on Monday and found out that the pap smear was very abnormal and high grade so now I have to have a biopsy and colposcopy in a few weeks. I'm very scared because she said there were pre cancerous cells.

xLeeAnnex

Asked by xLeeAnnex at 12:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• I have never had an abnormal result, however; i wouldn't worry myself if i were you, they can come up abnormal with treatable infections.
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 12:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Thank the Lord no I have not had an abnormal Pap.
    naunny63

Answer by naunny63 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have had several negative paps and also a colposcopy. It is not too uncomfortable. Ask what meds you can take beforehand to help any discomfort. Just because the cells are called pre cancerous does not mean there is any problem. They have to do the colposcopy to rule out problems. Take one step at a time and try to relax. Private message me if you want. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I've had a abnormal pap at the beginning of my pregnancy and another pap with a colposcopy at about 4 months pregnant. However, they will NOT do a biopsy during pregnancy with the colposcopy....so make sure they don't

My pap was normal after my pregnancy!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Don't worry yet, just stay calm till the tests results come back.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011