What was thelast serious injury you've had?

Back in June I tipped a boiling pot of pasta and water onto myself. I scalded the fronts of both legs with first and second degree burns on the tops of my feet. The pot handle hit my foot and gouged a big chunk of skin off. Trying to get away from the hot water, I slipped, fell and broke my tailbone. The sucky part is, the next day, I had to leave on a business trip that involved a walking tour of a plant!

geminilove

Asked by geminilove at 12:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• A sprained wrist.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Wow! You poor thing!

Last Thursday night I tripped over my exercise ball in my bedroom. I broke a piece of my femur, I had surgery yesterday. Fortunately, I will be walking without crutches on Saturday, but the ortho said I will have to have knee replacement surgery at some point, I did a lot of ligament damage that's going to get worse over time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• 10 years ago I had a bone cyst that caused a hairline fracture in my leg. The cyst was fortunately bening and removed but that hairline fracture was the worse injury I've ever had. Other than that I sprained my wrist in a car accident once.
    Anonymous

• I am accident prone so let me see if I can think of the last thing I did, lol. I stuck a thermometer in my hand. I was taking temps at work and wss trying to insert it into a frozen piece of meat and it slipped and went into my hand.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 12:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Oh My God!!!! And I thought things went wrong for me!!!!!

I fell and broke my foot 2 years ago when I was drunk and wearing very high heels.....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I had two morning sickness related injuries during my twin pregnancy in 2007. Both were due to hastily trying to make it to the toilet. The first, the seat to the toilet fell and hit my nose; it didn't actually break my nose, but it felt like it and also caused a gusher nose bleed. The second incident, I pinched a nerve in my neck that led to the facial muscle spasms and the worst pain in my life (worse than natural child-birth to me); it felt like I had knives sticking through my face.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No major injuries yet really. I fell off our deck and broke a toe. I broke it at the very bottom, by the pad of my foot. Hurt like mother fudger.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I cracked a rib:(
    lmthen

Answer by lmthen at 1:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I sprained my ankle about 5 years ago. I skipped a step going down the stairs and sprained it in three places. It was so painful! The doctor said an ankle fracture probably would have hurt less.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I twisted my ankle several months ago, and it still hurts.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011