If indeed it was discovered that Obama was not an American citizen would you like for him to be taken out of office?

I keep hearing about Obama not being an American citizen. Although I dont agree that just because he doesnt have this "long form" that shows which hospital he was born in, that he is not an American citizen, I started to wonder:

Is that what all of these opponents are going for? What about McCain is he an American Citizen? The Panama Canal is no longer leased by the United States.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 1:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Does it honestly matter... he like those before him are just a "bobble Head" at the top to look at while those below him are writing the laws and so forth... he is the "look at the shiny" while the other hand is in your pocket!!! Hahahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• McCain IS an American Citizen, at the time of his birth the Panama Canal was under American rule.

If Obama is not an American Citizen, it is unconstitutional that he is President, and needs to be removed from office.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I keep hearing about Obama not being an American citizen. Although I dont agree that just because he doesnt have this "long form" that shows which hospital he was born in, that he is not an American citizen, I started to wonder:

KEEP? On CM? There are more questions about him overspending and the increase in unemployment since he took office and you focus about this question? IMO~ I think you WANT to focus on the things that rile the 'left' so you can AVOID the crap he, his administration, Nancy, et al have ACTUALLY DONE thus far..  Someone played you....  But you KEEP hearing.....  LOL...  PS, the Hawaiin Politician is the ONE who PUT it BACK in the National LimeLight... Ask HIM, why he KEEPS making it an issue... Then backs down when he can't walk the walk..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• People are missing the point. The constitution says that the president must be an American BORN citizen...nowhere does it say that he must be born on American soil. Even if he was born in Kenya... or wherever... his mom is an American citizen...therefore he IS an American born citizen by default. Just like if I married a guy from England... and I had a baby while we were over there... I am still an American citizen...therefore... my children are also American citizens. They would have dual citizenship.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• PS... I'm not necessarily fond of the guy...but this whole argument is stupid.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Nope. The only thing worse than President Obama would be President Biden. That said technically speaking if he were proven to not be American born he should be removed.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 1:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• sleep

LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Even if he was born in Kenya... or wherever... his mom is an American citizen...therefore he IS an American born citizen by default.

not true
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It amazes me that we so easily get into the personal lives of celbrities, and dig up the dirt so easily, but America votes for a guy without digging up all his dirt? I highly doubt it's even true.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Probably but he IS so it doesn't matter.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011