am i?

so I was suppose to start my period on the 23.... and I took an hpt on the 23,24, and the 25 and it was neg. so I was wondering how long am i suppose to wait to take an hpt? I still have yet to start my period...fyi and we are ttc...what do yall think?

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you been sick? Sometimes if you have been sick or stressed out it will make ur period be late. I would wait it out over the weekend and take another one. If it is still neg: then I would make a Doctore appt.. Good luck and God bless.
    wannabemama29

Answer by wannabemama29 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I took a test 3 days before a missed period when I found Out I was preg an it was positive.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 1:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• well i havent been sick or stressed....
    Lovin_mybaby5

Comment by Lovin_mybaby5 (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Ask yourself:
    Are your periods regular ?
    Have you been stressed lately ?
    What is your age, i.e. are you younger than 40?
    Do you know you're fertile ?
    Is there any fertility or hormones issue with you or your family ?
    Have you got any early pregnancy symptoms like nausea, tender breasts or change in appetite?
    Finally, did you "do it" during ovulation = fertile days ?

Good luck !
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• just relax about it. If you are pregnant the stress isnt good to begin with but if you arent you wont get your period if your too stressed about it! I know its super hard. I have another week until I can even test for pregnancy and its the worst. You should call your doctor and see if they can order you a blood test. They show up quicker and better than a home test. Some women just have low hcg! Good Luck!
    SARAHBIGGS1987

Answer by SARAHBIGGS1987 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• You can take a HPT as early as 6 days after your missed period! It all depends on the brand, so i'd recommend first response. It specifically says on the box that you can test as early as six days after your missed period.

Just be sure not to drink too much water before you test, this can cause the pregnancy hormone to dilute, giving unclear results...
    Morning pee will give you the best results! (the pee you have once you wake up)
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 5:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2011