WTF?

Why is it that mom's that work think that SAHM dont do anything special? We stay home with our kids helping them learn things to keep them ahead for school, we cook, we clean, we pay bills, and hold don the fort. While our husbands are at work. I wasn't always a SAHM. I only became one 4 months ago. I thought staying home would be eaay but let me tell you that being at home is way harder than I ever thought it would be.

ariesmom20

Asked by ariesmom20 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I agree with salexander. I think it's much harder to be a working mom because you have to work all day then come home and do all the work and more of being a SAHM.

BUT!

I do not think being a SAHM is easy in any way shape or form. It can be very lonely and difficult to keep a house tidy and keep everyone happy, and unlike a job...you never ever get a day off, even if you're sick.

Don't let anyone undermine you. You know what's best for you and your family and don't let anyone tell you otherwise =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Being a stay at home mom of a child not in school is really hard. But being a stay at home mom while your child(ren) is at school is easy. I found myself bored all the time while I was laid off and my daughter was at school.
    KlieneMutter

Answer by KlieneMutter at 12:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I am a working mom and I would never in a million years think that SAHMs have it easier.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have been both and no matter what working or not I still do all those things you listed. I think it is harder to be a working mom...but I DO NOT think SAHM don't work hard. If it were financially possible I would stay at home too! Don't let anybody make you feel bad because you are blessed enough to be able to be with your children!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

While this statement may be true for some there are those of us that do everything at home as well as volunteer at school and also do charity work. I can't remember the last time my day was easy while my kids were at school....LOL
    Anonymous

• LOL! SAHM has its ups and downs. pros and cons just like any other job. My only real gripe is that i am NEVER on vacation, even when i WAS working outside the home.. i didnt get to watch tv all day and take out the trash and announce what a wonderful husband i was for doing it!! LMAO!!
    even now, when hubby says :: OOH< this weekend was great and so relaxing! wasnt it babe?
    UH ! NO! i still cooked, cleaned, bathed kids, dressed kids, did laundry, washed dishes, take care of everybodys pets... but im sooooooo glad you relaxed honey!
    lovinallofthem

Answer by lovinallofthem at 1:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I work a full time job, and I think being a SAHM is also a full time job (a great one, but it's an ALL day EVERYDAY!) When I was on leave after I had my daughter, I was not used to being out of work, but cherished the time I was at home. I did fine going back to work, but I do miss being home, with her. I feel like women are so lucky to be able to be home with their children =)
    sdms

Answer by sdms at 1:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I was one of those moms who thought SAHMs had it made! I could like smack myself in the head with something reallllly hard now for ever thinking that! lol I've been staying home with my 10 month old son for 6 months now... I'm also taking a full course load of college courses online through our university. Uhm, this is waaaay harder (but also waaaaay more rewarding, don't get me wrong!) than any job I've ever had! I went from being a legal assistant to a SAHM, and I thought "ah, I'll finally get a break". I was so wrong! I guess people just assume that it would be easier because of the "stay at home" part, but that can get stressful-- staring at the same 4 walls all day. Oh, I could rant and rave about this all day. I'll shut up now. lol
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 1:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• We as women SAHM OR WOHM..(work outside of home mom's) do just that ~ we WORK! We all have jobs to do with different degrees of difficulty and stress level. I was a WOHM for only 2 years but have been a SAHM.....working in my home, for the past 15 years. I've seen it from both angles and it's hard either way. We all deserve a pat on the back because we ALL work hard to help keep food on the table, a roof over our head, and love and care for our families. A Mother's job is never done : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Well, I think that it is because in between raising kids, driving carpool, cleaning the house, paying the bills, grocery shopping, carting the kids around, arranging play dates, keeping hubby happy in the bedroom department, providing day care for friends kids, we sit around eating bon bons and watching soaps. And while they are busy holding down a full-time job, cleaning the house, paying the bills, grocery shopping, raising their kids, arranging safe day care and safe rides, keeping hubby happy in the bedroom department, they just buy expensive clothes and get their nails done.

Nobody has it better than the next one. SAHM aren't better than WOHM, and vice versa. We all have our very own crosses to bare and schedules to manage and other mom's to tell us we are doing it wrong. :)
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2008