I cant take it

We have been potty training our son for about a mth now, but he still seems to keep pooping in his pants. he could literally care less about pooping in the potty. he pees all the time in it-but doesnt poop. He has always showed interest in the potty..but
should i stop?
I just duno what else to do. we reward and praise him all the time when he does use the potty. btw-he'll be 3 nxt mth

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• gee thanks.
    JaydnsMom22

Comment by JaydnsMom22 (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• what ever you do don't give up... but stop prasing him... untill he starts pooping in the potty... but don't go back to diapers... you don't want to have to start all over.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• anon troll on the prowl today! Maybe he gets bored waiting to poop? Put some toys and books next to the toilet. We even put a portable dvd player in there for awhile.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i would say either table the idea for a while and wear diapers, or, if your son loves tv, or something that you can withhold, try that. I knew my son was able to get the concept, and he loved his morning cartoons. So, i just told him (every morning), that he will get no cartoons until he poops in the potty that day. The first day, no cartoons until evening, but he did it. Each day got easier. By the end of the week his body was adjusting to pooping in the morning also. After one week, he was in underwear. No setbacks even (which suprised me). You can try that. If he has a set back, take away the cartoons until he does it. He'll learn quickly. And don't go over it and over it with him. Just remind him in the morning that he needs to do his business before getting cartoons, whenever that is. Hope it helps! good luck!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Wow! Nice answer Anon. No wonder you stayed anonymous.

Hang in there! My trick when I was at my limit and was bound and determined my daughter would learn to use the potty before she was 3 (we were a month shy) I just put her in panties in sweatpants. And then I didn't clean her up the very instant she would tell me she needed cleaned up. I would tell her if she couldn't be bothered to use the potty, then I couldn't be bothered to clean her up right that instant. Then I would wait 5--10 minutes and clean her up.

There was something about the squishiness in the panties and the sweatpants that was harder for her to take than with a pull up. I don't know if it will work for you, too, but it did wonders for my daughter who wouldn't even pee in the potty. In a week she was potty trained.

Good luck!
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 1:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It takes awhile. You might want to stop for a few weeks. Have you bought some of the books that you can read to him about it? There are some good ones out there. And what about rewards? He possibly could work towards something that you know he would really love. Be patient and hang in there!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• *LOL* @ usdragonflies! I read that as the TROLL was getting bored while waiting to poop, and that's why she posted. *snort*
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 1:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• ikr blucanary?! wow. lol. but the potty we have is downstairs and its in the living room. the bathroom is upstairs-and i didnt want us to keep going up and down the stairs 50x a day..but he is very sneaky about his poops..he would poop at the wierdest times. its not like he did like an hr after he ate-its like 4-5hrs or in his nap. and yes,i ve tried the "waiting" once he had an accident-il try it more tho. and ive tried the underwear-he pee in those-not carring. the thing is he pees a little bit little bit-then alot. then a lil throughtout the day. this is a DAILY TASK! i just hope my daughter which is 6mths now is easier! THANKS GUYS
    JaydnsMom22

Comment by JaydnsMom22 (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't know, I wish I had some advice, but my kid's (just turned three about a month ago) doing the same thing. He's peed in the toilet for a month now, hardly EVER has an accident, but I can't get him to poop in there to save my life. He did tell me today, right after he pooped, "poopy potty Mommy", so I hope I'm getting close. I started him in training underpants, and when he got the hang of it I put him in pull ups because I hate dealing with getting poop out of clothes. And he's like your kid, he'll poop at the weirdest times, doesn't give me any sign he's about to, so I never know until he's done. I always thought if I could get him on there in time just once it would click, but I don't know. I'm just trying to make the connection between poop and the potty as much as I can, bringing him to the bathroom when he goes, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It took my son a little longer to start using the potty to poop than it did to pee. He'll get it, hang in there! =)
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2011