Spotting was brown, now wiping red......

I spotted brown week 5-6. And am now 7 1/2 weeks. It quits and starts back. I just went to the bathroom and now I wiped pink/red. The baby was fine last week and had a good heartbeat! This whole thing is stressing me out! I never did this with my first. And as long as it was brown, I knew I was fine. But now wiping pink/red. What does this mean? Do I need to call the Dr.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Pink red, is still considered spotting. Brown is just old blood.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Don't worry about it unless it's like a full blown period. Relax. I know it can be nerve racking!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I heard my babies heartbeat by ultrasound that early.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It's different than a doppler, it catches soundwaves, it's very easy.
    Musicmom80

• Op here- I was 6 1/2 weeks last week and you can see it that early. The week before we only saw the embryo and sac and they said to come back closer to 6 1/2 weeks to get the heartbeat. It was 118 bpm. My Dr. said that this was a new machine and that there old one wouldn't pick it up that early! And since ANON is wondering WHY they heard the baby's heartbeat, it was because they wanted to make sure the baby was okay since I had been spotting!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm curious to know if the OP went to the doctor to find out what was going on? Has this been resolved? Wishing you luck, hon!
    Branwen70

Answer by Branwen70 at 7:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2011