What day would u pick?

My daughters 1st birthday is June 28th, which falls on a Tuesday. We are planning a party for her but can't decide what day. Our 2 options are:
June 25th- my nieces birthday
July 2nd- 2 days before the 4th

austinsmama1106

Asked by austinsmama1106 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• July 2nd!!

If you could why not do it july 4th... the fireworks going off would be nice.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Plan whatever day works best for your family this year. Have a little cupcake and her gift from you on the actual day. She is only one so she does not know you are delaying the party if you pick 7/2.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Honestly? She's one. She's not going to care when or if you do it. But, if in the future you are worried about planning around a holiday, try celebrating a half birthday...though that would be around thanksgiving/christmas. Hmm. But might be an option.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 1:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• if u choose july 2nd, I say go ahead and just do it on July 4th instead! Nice cookout and then enjoy the fireworks.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The 26th.

Is there a reason you can't have a birthday party on a Sunday?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My husband wants to the 25th. I did at first until I realized the day. I wouldn't mind doing the 2nd, just worried about it conflicting with other parties. But usually both families do a party on the 4th- that was the first thing I did after my daughter was born!
    austinsmama1106

Comment by austinsmama1106 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Sundays are tough. My husband has to be to work early during the week and most people will be traveling about an hour to our house. Also for my side of the family that would mean to bday parties in 1 weekend.
    austinsmama1106

Comment by austinsmama1106 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• If you have friends with kids a fourth of July weekend bday party would be fun.
    rpetullo

Answer by rpetullo at 12:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2011