So why do people EXPECT me to celebrate my b-days?

I stopped celebrating, as in doing something special, my b-days awhile ago and yet everyone keeps asking what my plans are; and are "shocked" when I say nothing. Today I said laundry ha ha.

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 1:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Because you're supposed to be deeply needy and naturally greedy, and have a strong desire for other people to shower you with gifts, praise and exaltation so you know you're real.

Didn't you know? LOL

I still can't figure out why anyone cares how many times the planet has gone around the sun, not the least because there seems to be some arbitrary starting point in that orbit that I can't find at all. Why is it, for some people, the most interesting or important fact about themselves or anyone else is the date of their manufacture?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Because usually something is done even if just an ice cream out! I know what you mean. We don't celebrate b-days in this house anymore. So, is today your birthday? Hope it's a good day and what you want it to be!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Ha ha nice ladies!! Thanks! I do celebrate my children's births cause they are an accomplishment I am very proud of. But after a certain age I just don't see a point!
    mslksdh

Comment by mslksdh (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Tell them after you have dinner at the White House, you don't have anything else planned :D
    HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• to me its just another day...no big deal to me!
    galfromwva

Answer by galfromwva at 2:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• You sound like my boyfriend...he doesn't care about his birthday or holidays...except 4th of july so he "can blow stuff up" bahaha but he is very good at making my birthday special :) i don't get it, but it's your choice!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011