saving a lil dog or your job....true story...

a friend of mine who works for an oil company was make a delivary the other day ( it was 10* outside ) friend noticed a small lap dog outside on the porch almost frozen the dog wouldnt move almost like it was frozen to the porch so friend called the local police dept they come and see this lil dog told the friend he did the right thing and they took the dog. the police contacted the owners saying what was going on and they will not be getting the dog back, most up to date i know is the dogs paws had frostbit..so the owner of the oli company is yelling at my friend that they lost a costumer due to the friends butting in. he should know tonight if he still has a job. as much as he needs his job he still dosent regret what he did. so ladies what are your thoughts..what would u have done? i myself would save the lil dog or any animal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pets

• Sometimes it is worth losing your job to do the right thing.

I would have saved the dog.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Saved the dog and then sued the company for firing me

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• He did the right thing. Hope the company realizes what a good person they have working for them.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• They would be so wrong to let go of him... I hope it all works out.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would do saved the dog..and Sue the company if they fire him. they cannot fire him for doing what he did!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• He did the right thing. They're jerks if they fire him.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would have done the same thing that your friend did. Dogs can freeze to death or lose limbs from freezing temps. I am proud of your friend, for all animal lovers! I hope he doesn't lose his job. Your friend's boss should be ashamed of him/herself putting money before an animals life.
    I have a friend who saw a cat get hit by a car and she went to help the cat, she was bitten by the cat and got infection. She was on IV medicine and had to be off work for days. She works at the Post office and she was never yelled at about it, even though they were so short of help because of her being off that the Post Master was running the window.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 1:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I agree w/ PP, i would have saved the dog then sued the company if they fired me!

animals dont deserve to be neglected!!!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i am very proud of my friend, and i feel bad for his now added stress of wondering if he will lose his job he has a 10 month old and has finnaly seen that kids are not cheap, his wife just started her new job so finally things are going right for them. he saw this poor dog and just felt so bad for it and was mad at the owners. i told him he did the right thing and the owner of the company is a jacka** if he dosent understand. poor thing had frostbit on its paws. i own a small dog and mine will only go out side for 1 min.. in and out. its cold here in new england.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Well, my neighbor called the cops on me saying I left my little guy out all night and he was only outside for 20 minutes. She has done this before(she's mentally unstable). The cops always come, and find that it isn't true and leave.
    That dog must have been in big trouble and needed help ASAP to get removed by the cop, seeing as you have to have a warrant before you can seize an animal from a home. It's still considered the owners property. Believe me I looked into this for my own personal needs. I don't think the dog should have suffered while they figured it all out either.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011