Do you have any quick/easy recipes?

I'm starting a collection of basically recipes for ppl who can't cook. If anyone wants to contribute I would really appreciate it! Thanks. I only have one up now but you can view the blog here: http://easyrecipes.today.com/

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 12:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Food & Drink

• 10 CAN SOUP

2 cans corn
    2 cans rotel tomatoes
    2 cans chicken and rice soup
    2 cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
    2 cans chicken

in a stockpot, combine first 4 ingredients. make sure you add juice from all cans except the black beans. with a fork, flake canned chicken into smaller pieces, and add to the pot with the other ingredients. heat over a medium-high heat until simmering (about 7-10 min). add cumin and garlic powder to taste, and stir well.

in a bowl, crunch a small handful of tortilla chips. add soup. top with sour cream, cheese, hot sauce and guacamole if desired. makes about 10 bowls.

this is a family favorite. my 11 year old dd made this for her 4H food show project and made first place in the county and in the district with it. all you do is open cans! and it is very filling.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:02 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I like to saute chicken breasts in a little bit of canola oil, then I pour in a can of stewed tomatoes or a half jar of salsa, turn down the flame and let simmer for a lil while (15-30 mins, the longer the better) You'll want to flip the chicken occasionally. Before I put the cover on I sometimes throw in green peppers, red peppers, or zucchini... Just some of them or all of them...

If I used salsa, I like to throw in a can of pinto beans during the last 10 mins of cooking, and serve with rice.

If I used the canned stewed tomatoes, I like to serve with whole grain angel hair pasta....

It's easy, and very healthy.
    caramia27

Answer by caramia27 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• left over chicken cut up
    carrots
    celery
    pine nuts,cook them in oo first
    fire roasted tomatoes
    chick peas
    chickenstock and your fav. spices
    I LOVE to make soup.
    yankeylover20

Answer by yankeylover20 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2008