Pretty sure I'm tired of nagging!!!

I have 7yo who has ADHD (takes meds) however, she has a routine each morning however, she will not do one task after the other. She is smart and knows what she is doing and it drives me crazy. I literally have to sit in the room for her to get dressed or check on her constantly.

I have tried not checking up and offering rewards and discipline.

Your advise please.....

Thank you

Andriya

Asked by Andriya at 1:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have a daughter 6 and has PDD (mild form of autism)...
    I used to take stuff away from her when she did not listen...as time went by she just started not to care what I took away from her.

So we went back to the old time out chair....
    and I set up an allowance chart...she gets paid for doing her chores...like getting dressed... ONLY if I did not have to tell her to.

You could also try...just having her be late for school...Let her know that getting dressed on time is what is exspected of her to
    get to school on time..

Good luck..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i have taken her outside in her PJ's and she freaks, I did this to get the point across that she needs to get dressed or she goes to school in what she is wearing. It worked for a little bit. She also doesn't care when toys get taken away she forgets about them. I think I'll try out the allowance thing.

Thanks for the tip!
    Andriya

Comment by Andriya (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2011