Cereal Bar Recipes...

I've been wanting to start making my own Cereal bars. My kids and I love Granola & Cereal bars, but the ones you get in the store are full of junk. I would like to figure out how to make my own so that I can control the ingredients and whatnot, but I've never tried this kind of thing besides Rice Crispys Treats which I always screw up (I end up with a Rice Crispys Ball rather than bars)...

Anyone have a good recipe or know a website where I can get one?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Mix 2 1/4 oats(any kind, I use quick); 1/2 C. all purpose flour; 1/2 tsp soda; 1/2 tsp. vanilla; 1/3 c. soft butter(I use a little more than this to make things stick together better); 1/4 c. honey; 3 T. packed brown sugar; cinnamon to taste; you can also add 1 c. of nuts, raisins, choc. chips or a combo. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and press down firmly. Bake @ 325 18-22 minutes until lightly browned. cool 10 min and then cut into bars or squares. Then let them cool completely in the pan. Remove and store in sealed container.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• -
    Anonymous

• Yum NannyB I am going to try that!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Oh yum Nanny, I'm going to try that too!
    Anonymous