Does anyone have any good advice on potty training twins?

I have a boy and a girl that are almost three. We've been trying for almost 2 months.

snuggly13

Asked by snuggly13 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Consistency. Make your little boy learn sitting down. Do not use the splash guard, if it is removable, because it is just a "nut" buster and can set progress back. Also, another trick with boys since they can sometimes pee out of the potty....have them lean down a bit to keep the penis downward. A chart, stars, stickers what not, with a reward after so many positive outcomes.

Good luck!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• thanks. my son insists on standing to pee. he does very well. my daughter will pee in the potty but sometimes she doesn't tell me or puts up a fight if i take her. neither one of them will poop in the potty.
    snuggly13

Comment by snuggly13 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I read an article about potty training, and it had a few pointers for twins.
    It said tat you should start with the one who seems more interested in potty training. Lots of praise. And just kern consistent with the other one, but let them set their own pace. And if the more interested one starts really doing well, it says that the other one will kinda just follow suit. Just make it really fun.
    Good luck!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Poop in the potty - get them a visible reward. Put it HIGH on a shelf that they can't reach, but can see. And the 1st time they poop in the potty, they get it. For my daughter, it was her 1st Barbie....she wanted one and got it the 1st time she pooped in the potty. The 1st time was all it took to get over everything and that was all she needed.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011