how do you even divorce your spouse?

Been with him for 10 years, he's taken care of me since high school and ive never been out on my own.

we have 4 kids together and all i want to do is give them happiness so that is part of why i'm wanting one.

had a couple of jobs back when i was in high school but its been working for us to have me be a stay at home mom, i'm not sure if the experience i have would let me have me and my children survive off of that...a dishwasher and a janitor. A question still lingers if they'd even be hiring....

Do i do things behind the hubby's back? like fill out applications for housing support? and then find somewhere to live, then throw a divorce paper on him?

Everytime i tell him i want to leave, he doesnt take me seriously cause he knows i cant do it myself

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• if you are really thinking about leaving him you have to have the mentality that you can do it alone. push yourself. go out and look for a job, save money, get a place for you and your children. if you have to look into housing then do it. everyone deserves to be happy. especially the kids. prove your husband wrong. show him you don't need him for anything other then to be a good father to his children. whatever you decide i wish you the best of luck.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• In all honesty my son and I moved back in with my parents until I got on my feet again. But it was worth it, I was miserable which made my son miserable
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I just told mine I was getting a divorce and kept living in the house until it was final. You can really do it whatever way works for you. Keep in mind the court will tell him to provide for the children so you don't have to do it alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I wish I sure know cause I would love to do it sometime myself but stay for now. so I can not help that way but if want to talk I will talk to you and be a friend to you if that helps you out some.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I realized that I can do it alone (my son's needs, bills, etc.) and told him and then asked him to move out. He took a MONTH to move out!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011