anyone who goes to planet fitness (new disclaimers)

planet fitness is supposed to be the judgement free zone. they started putting up posters all over the gym that say, "if you use your abs to count to 6 this isn't your gym" "if you aren't allowed to hold babies because you look like you might break them, this isn't your gym" and a few others. call me crazy but that's judging!!! so it's ok to judge someone who is in shape but not someone who isn't??? that's not right. what do you think??? i feel that the judgement free should go in all directions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think they just mean that if all you care about is being "beefed up", Planet Fitness isn't right for you. Basically, you can go there and be comfortable even if you're not in shape.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• They don't have anything like that at the one I go to. Maybe speak to the management and tell them you don't think it's appropriate thing to have in a place they call a judgement free zone, kwim?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• thatgirl70, have you seen the TV commercials? They're actually quite funny.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• oh we've mentioned it. my husband used to work there and we're friends with everyone that works there. corporate planet fitness wants them up. if they come to inspect and they aren't there the management will get in trouble
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• They don't have anything up like that at mine either, and we have some really buff people that go to mine. You're right though, that is judging.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Maybe you need to bring that up to the gym management. If it's a corporate gym and the manager tells you it's a corporate thing, then write their corporate office to complain.

And if it really bothers you and complaining gets you nowhere, start looking for another gym. When you leave, tell them why!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• so what if there are some ppl who only care about being beefed up. my husband is like that, he still needs a gym. as long as the beefcakes don't judge everyone else then why should they be judged like that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm not saying that anybody cares. However, there are some overweight people who don't feel comfortable around those big guys and "perfect" women.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• well i'm one of those women with a great body and i'm constantly getting stared down by overweight women. it makes me uncomfortable. i just mind my own business listening to my ipod and i'll look up and they're glaring at me. everything goes both ways. they judge me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm not saying they don't. And I'm not saying that you judge them. But, overweight people get judged A LOT more. I'm sorry they're judging you. If you don't like the signs, like other posters have said, tell the management.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2011