Breastfeeding

how long did you Breastfeeding my son is 21 mo old im still nursing him 2 times a day and everyone is telling me he is to old and he needs to stop

mommy223326

Asked by mommy223326 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• – collapse
    thats disgusting. breastfeeding longer than 6 months is biologically and morally wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I breastfed all of my children until they quit themselves. Mine happened to be 27 months, 29 months, and my son is still drinking breastmilk, though I've been pumping it exclusively since he was 8 weeks old.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• There is NOTHING wrong with breast feeding longer than 6 months or a year or 2 or 3 years if that is what you and your child are comfortable with. A lot of people choose to allow the child to self wean others people choose to wean when they are ready. It up the the mom and/or the child no one else. You do what is best for you and yours. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• thats disgusting. breastfeeding longer than 6 months is biologically and morally wrong
    Answer by Anonymous

Big words for someone who won't even show her face.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm sorry people are giving you a hard time. You should nurse until it's a good time for your son to stop and no one else has the right to make that decision for you.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The longest I BF for was 14 months I am not one of those that want to do it for 2 years or more...... But I would never tell someone when their kid needed to stop.

If you are both happy with your BF keep doing it until that changes.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• "thats disgusting. breastfeeding longer than 6 months is biologically and morally wrong"-anon

anon troll. uneducated. immature. judgemental. just plain stupid.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 2:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The WHO actually recommends bf'ing to two years and as far beyond as mom and baby are comfortable. Different moms will have different opinions on this... do what is right for you, and don't let criticism make a decision that you dont' truly want.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• @anon:
    So after 6 months a child should be bottle fed formula? I have nothing against formula but if it is unnatural to feed from the breast for longer than 6 months how did people survive before the bottle was invented?

OP I chose to allow my children to self wean and was very happy I did so. one went until a little beyond 2 and a half and still remembers breast feeding. It is fun to hear her talk about it when I am nursing my youngest.
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 2:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I used to think EBF was wrong, but I have changed my opinion. I am going to try to bf until she is at least 18 months to 2 years old. My pediatrician told me that anything is great, but anything over a year is just added benefits. Do it until you want or until baby stops. I think all moms want to do the best for baby, and you are doing what you think is best. A lot of moms agree with you.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2011