is it bad if you have a UTI can it harm your baby?

BeautifulMom409

Asked by BeautifulMom409 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes,and you

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• A bad UTI can cause preterm labor. You need to get it checked out and start antibiotics.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I had a UTI when I was pregnant with my first, and didn't realize it, and it caused me to have premature contractions.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• thanks ladies! am kind scared doctor told me to take monistat but am scared if it can harm my baby and am 20 weeks?
    BeautifulMom409

Comment by BeautifulMom409 (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Monistat does NOTHING for a urinary tract infection! Get a second opinion if that's what your doc told you!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i bought the monistat but am just scared to take it! i have like this discharge at times its like white, but no itch or burn just that so doctor told me to take that! what should i do ?
    BeautifulMom409

Comment by BeautifulMom409 (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm pretty sure that you have to use an antibiotic with a UTI. I got sick when I was 38 weeks and ended up getting a UTI. It was the first I ever had, and the doctor gave me an antibiotic. However, I found out I could not take the medicine she gave me. It says it can cause harm to the fetus in the last two weeks of pregnancy and breastfeeding. Nice, huh? The pharmacy called the doctor and we got it straightened out.  Monistat is for a yeast infection though.  Are you sure you have a UTI?

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think you have a yeasy infection, that is no big deal. Just take monistat as says on the box, no problem.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• If you are that confused about your discharge you need to be seen and examined. When you are pregnant you get discharge. But if you aren't sure if it is a YEAST INFECTION you need to be seen- especially if you have never had one before. A UTI Is something completely different. A URINARY TRACT INFECTION can be determined by a pee test. They can even determine the strain of the infection so they make sure they give you the right antibiotics. Make an appointment or go to a quick clinic like at CVS, Walgreens or Target has them now.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• OMGGG... am sooo out of it! sorry ladies! i think it is a YESAT infection krissyvelaquez should i still take monistat am scared :( i don't know what to do :*(
    BeautifulMom409

Comment by BeautifulMom409 (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2011