devine plan and prayer

ok, if youre a christian then i assume you believe in the devine plan. im also going to assume that you believe in the power of prayer.....after all, you have to because god says so. anyways......if god does indeed have this devine plan, then whats the point of prayer? we can pray that someone whos sick gets better but in the end it doesnt matter because of gods devine plan. prayer sounds a bit useless to me,when i gave it some thought.also if prayer does work then god must not have a devine plan..... can someone explaine this to me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe that part of God's divine plan is predestination.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• here's the thing: not all prayer is asking for things, or requesting things of God. prayer is communication, first and foremost. yes, God has a plan we may not be privy to..and you can ask for things all day long, expecting a 'miracle' or answer.
    when your prayers are only asking for stuff or a miracle or a positive movement on your behalf, God will answer in one of three ways:
    1- Yes
    2- Yes, but not right now.
    or
    3- No, I have something else, something better in mind.
    IMO
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Prayer is a way to speak to God. God wants to know what we want and need. How I see it prayer is just tslking to God.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 2:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• ok so if its yes,no or wait. then i could pray to a rock and the rock would also answer in yes, no or wait.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Only if you believe the rock can answer!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• He knows all our needs but He still wants us to ask... the bible says SEEK the Kingdom of God and ALL these things shall be added to you. It also says ASK and you will receive.... you recieve not because you dont ask. Its about relationship.. He will not force things upon us but waits sometimes for us to come to Him in faith and ask for the things we need or want.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It's about faith. Yes God knows what we need and what we want, and they don't always coincide, but we need to exercise faith to experience miracles. It's like expecting to get something for nothing. Why should God give us everything without any effort on our part? I also, personally find comfort in prayer. Sometimes I think that's the sole purpose of some of my prayers is to find peace, and that is my answer.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 10:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• God knows things in avance before you even say or do something
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 7:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• God wants to have a one on one relationship with you. He also gave us free will. How would you feel if you had to MAKE your own children love you? You cant expect to be blessed if you refuse to be obedient and deny your own will. instead surrender to his will. He says, seek me with all your mind, all your heart, and all your soul and you shall find me when you search for me with all your heart. and also he says in Romans 12:12, Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation and continuing instant in prayer. He does have a plan for our lives, when we seek him with all our hearts. If you had children, wouldnt u feel hurt if they didnt speak to you or come to you in need when they were hurt? Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and i will give you rest. Praise God!
    toughmom638

Answer by toughmom638 at 1:42 AM on Feb. 5, 2011