Do you celebrate birthdays?

For yourself? Your children? Your SO? If so, how?

Birthday's and Christmas are my favorite things to celebrate. I love giving gifts to people, especially children and see their little faces light up. For my son, the celebrating starts the week of his birthday. Every morning leading up to his big day he gets a small present placed on his pillow. On his actually birthday he gets his birthday presents from us, and a special homemade dinner. Sometime near his birthday we have a family party, with cake, ice cream and friends. For myself I typically celebrate by going out to dinner with family and friends, and my SO is happy to celebrate with a cake and a day to lay on the couch and be lazy.

What about your family?

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We do birthdays big for our kids.A theme, balloons, decorations, food, cupcakes, cake, piƱata, family, friends , gifts.....It's a time a time for everyone to celebrate them coming into our lives. I even do something for my dh. Just family, his fav. Dinner, cake, gifts. My birthdays are normally something small, a homemade cake, maybe rent a movie.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I do for everyone else but for me, it is a day that reminds me how old I am and I do not feel old! I try to forget but everyone reminds me!

Answer by older at 2:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• we let the girls pick what they want for dinner. no family close by so just after dinner we open gifts and have cake. nothing really special but they still love the bday and let them do special things around the house.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• We do, but not dramatically or expensively. Dh and I tend to go out for dinner... the kids vary: sometimes they want dinner out, sometimes they want friends in. We always do a family cake & presents gathering, which is very low key...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• We don't really make a big deal out of them. I don't really think they are that important (besides milestone years). Usually we just do dinner & a cake or something like that...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes. For mine and DH's we usually get a babysitter and go out to dinner. For our kids' we invite our families to our house for cake. I make their cakes from scratch.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 2:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yup we celebrate everyones bdays, and holidays. i throw my son a bday party with friends, family, we have cake ice cream, some kinda of food, chips. he gets his presents from us then. for my bday i go out with friends have dinner, a few drinks, cake. i have yet to spend my dh bday with him. this is the first yr we will spend it together and im preg lol hes in the army so hes always been away for his bday. i just moved with him 6months ago, so were together all the time now :)
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My mom makes my son's cake from scratch, his parties always have a theme and a cake/pinata to match. I know it sounds ridiculous, my SO thinks I'm nuts for how much time and effort I spend on my son's birthday, but I see it as celebrating the day he came into my life, and that will always be the best day of my life. He doesn't expect the gifts from year to year, he never mentions them or asks for them, but the joy they bring him is just priceless. We are expecting a daughter in July and I plan on continuing the tradition, its just so much fun!
    ba13ygrl1987

Comment by ba13ygrl1987 (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011