Does anyone have depression & sickness during pregnancy?

ajoyfullife1

Asked by ajoyfullife1 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've been sick through my whole pregnancy. Although its not quite as bad as the first trimester, I am throwing up everyday at least 5 times. I'm due with my third daughter at the end of March. I'm recently divorced & boyfreind lives in Florida. Any advice?
    ajoyfullife1

Comment by ajoyfullife1 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I had both with my daughter. While i have no doubt that the depression is totally hormonal, please tell your doc about it if you already haven't. I'm not trying to scare you at all, but most depression thru pregnancy leads to post partum depression as well (which i also had). Know that there's not something wrong with you, you aren't crazy, just your hormones....and again, let your doc know if you haven't already. (((HUGS)))
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• you shouldn't be throwing up this much, you should talk to your Dr. you don't want to deplete nutrients or be dehydrated.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• when i was prego i wasn't sick but i was really depressed. it lasted even after my son was born. my Dr. had me on medsand they really helped. you should talk to your Dr. and tell em whats going on and I'm sure they can help you.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have been n contact with a doc, but I'm not sure they understand the food restictions this kid has me on. Thanks for the advice.
    ajoyfullife1

Comment by ajoyfullife1 (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• To say I was sick was an understatement. My doctors went to the extent of advising me to think twice before having more babies because I was so sick. At 6 months pregnant I still could not go anywhere with food I got soo sick. I was hospitalized in the begining because I would go days without eating or drinking. They did tell me this...they hospitalized me for my own sake not for the babies. An infant is just find even when we are that ill. I was on a prescription for the nausea and it helped a lot. Both of my girls were big babies and healthy...as for me it was the worst diet of my life!
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I had both with DS the sickness lasted from 6 weeks til the day I delivered him and I had a slight case of PPD after he was born he is now 12 mos old and he's my 3rd but 6th pregnancy
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 3:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011