Have you made friends with any of your children's friends parents?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, lots of them.

In some cases, the kids drifted apart and we stayed friends, too!
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My children aren't in school yet, so they don't really have friends outside the family. But I don't really see a big need to be friends with the parents. In fact I'm thinking for my kids sake, it's most likely better that I don't, because my friendships with those in the general public tend to end badly, as I don't do the tact thing real well...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't know if "friends" is the right word. My daughter is six and has been in this school for 5 months. I know some of the other moms and if I had a question, I know I could call one of them. But I wouldn't say I've made any fast friends. Of course, I tend to be a little chilly. :)
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 2:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have. It's a private religious school, so many of us run in the same circles for other things besides the school. It makes it easier to make friends. And the woman who owns the daycare center/preschool where my youngest went has become one of my closest friends.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes! My 4 yr old is in preschool and I am friends withher 2 fav friends moms! We just click! I love it and some of DS1's friends parents too!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yep!

Answer by gemgem at 3:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Well my son's best friend is the son of my best friend. They have grown up together. I have made friends with one of the other moms at his school, but her daughter is not one of my son's favorite people.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011