are birthdays a sacred day to you or just another day?

weither its u or your lo's or your so's..
is that day a day of sanctady and joys or just another day?
we try to celebrate birthdays even if its a little bit by baking a cake or there favorite meal. to me birthdays are important!
my birthdays tomorow- DH is deployed and we are currently snowed in...but i cleaned up all day today so i could relaxe and do nouthing tomorow..that is my treat to myself. oh and i had a purse made out of my husbands ACU's...

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 3:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• As I get older , I guess It's another day. But then at the end of that day, I feel warm all over. Esp. when I get gifts.
    free1

Answer by free1 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Somewhere in between... I don't see a reason to make a big deal unless they are milestone birthdays or something. I mean, make a big deal when you turn 16 and can drive, or 18 and are an adult. Or if you survive cancer and it's a year you didn't think you'd see. But I really don't see every year as special, you are just another year older, you didn't really achieve anything. Now, do I think you should still celebrate the fact that you lived another year? Yeah, but beyond dinner and a small cake I don't see a need...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Just another day. I have never celebrated a birthday even when I was little we never had cake, presents nothing.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Most of my family's birthdays all seem to fall around Thanksqiving and Christmas, so we have to fudge around the dates sometimes. There's always cake and a few presents, but no one gets too worked up about them. If we celebrated them with a party, we'd all OD on cake before New Year's! ;)
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 3:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I was born on Christmas and it was hard to celebrate it as a special day just for me and I was always pretty bummed. I make my son's birthday a big deal because his is a nice time of year and I want him to enjoy himself on his day.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Mine is today and I am spend the entire day in my warm fuzzy PJs, plan to watch movies and eat junkfood with DH when he gets home. Bdays are not as big a deal now that the kids are grown and gone
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 3:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• for the kids birthdays we celebrate have a small party with presents for me and so just another day,we will get each other gifts but thats all
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 3:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• We try to do something special for the kids', and I cook hubby a cake and special supper on his, but to me it's not so big a deal. If someone's not going to be there for my birthday, I don't care. I don't have to throw my kids' party on that exact day. Milestone birthdays I would make a big deal out of it though. I'm gonna so rub it in my hubby's face when he turns 30, lol.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• it used to be a big deal for me, but now im 23 and i like to pretend im not getting any older
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Birthday!!! It's my day and I can do whatever I want... and I say that over and over to my DH that day!! LOL

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011