i got denied unemployment

i got denied unemployment beacuse i turn down a job that was offered by me by my previous boss i explained to them that i turn it down beacause i dint feel comfortable about how he treated me and they still denied my benefits now i dont know what to do i dont have a babysitter or anything and i dont know if ill be eligible for foodstamps beacause of the reason i got denied unemployment . Could i still get foodstamps?

-mireylis-.

Asked by -mireylis-. at 3:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• Foodstamps are income based. Since you turned down a legit way to pay for your own food, I'm sure you'll qualify for government assistance now. Unless your husband makes too much that is.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I know someone this happened to. They were still able to get food stamps.
    Anonymous

• Also contact your utility company. You may be able to get your electric rates lowered. Again, this is based on income. It's doesn't hurt to apply.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No matter the reason you turned down work, which means you are choosing to be unemployed and they will turn you down... They are supposed to if you turn down work - ANY work - no matter the reason.

As for the FS, that doesn't have anything to do with UEC, work or if you turn down work, just household income... So yes, you should still get it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Try to re-file for unemployment
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Sounds like the system worked! Good!
    Anonymous

• Boohoo. Poor you. So you face unemployment but rather than take the job that's offered to you decline it because you don't like your boss because you'd rather live off the taxpayers. Fantastic.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Sure just let us pay for your food, since you don't like your boss. If that's the case shouldn't we all get FS?
    Anonymous

• You're not supposed to turn down jobs. They don't care which reason. If you meet the income requirements, you can get food stamps. It's a different program then unemployment. But food stamps aren't going to pay your bills. You really shouldn't have turned down the job.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• In this economy you're lucky a job was offered to you, many people would be happy just to be working. I don't like my job or the people I work with but at least I'm employed and I can pay my bills. You should have taken the job.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2011