What would you have said to this?

My dh was watching television while I was making his lunch (he has to work tonight) anyway he was watching some movie I would glance at it once in awhile but last I saw and heard a couple getting ready to have dinner when I heard the guy tell the woman (THIS LOOKS DELICIOUS) I then said HMM... WHY DON'YOU EVER SAY THAT TO ME...(I wasn't yelling ladies I just wanted it to look bold...lol Anyway he says SAY WHAT? and I repeat what I said to him...his response was...WELL IF YOU MADE SOMETHING DELICIOUS THEN I WOULD SAY IT. OMG!!! EVerytimewe sit to eat he EATS EVERYTHING! I just said hmm thanks a lot :/
He has to be kidding but it makes me wonder.
Thanks Ladies! Venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I HOPE he is kidding otherwise that lady who does the cooking at your house might have to go on STRIKE for a while!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Well, I would offer him the opportunity to cook and I would quite catering to his preferences for a while.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• With smirk I would probably say, "well, if the food I cook for you is not declicious perhaps I should stop cooking"
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• "If you don't think it's delicious, why don't YOU cook something that is?"
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would tell him to start cooking if he doesnt think your food is goof enough.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• He most likely is kidding. You can always tell by the look on his face while he is eating if he doesnt like it! He is probably just saying that because he thinks you are angry and wants you to relax.
    ashlei4477

Answer by ashlei4477 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Maybe he thought you were being a smartass so he responded the same way?

Why fish for compliments? Is a compliment genuine if you have to prompt for it?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My ex would occassionally compliment me on what I made, but I don't think most guys even think like that. After all, it was a movie-which means fiction! lol
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 3:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Also, I disagree with most of these answers since he didn't complain about your cooking in the first place so why get all mean and strike about it?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Just tell him that he doesn't need to eat then.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011