Baby Name

Im naming my baby boy Bentley Rhyan! Many people that are even close friends of mine are so against it! even telling me things mean like "i will disown ur kid if u name him that" or "he will be made fun of his whole life for that name"
I dont know what to do. I feel like it is my child and i should be able to name him what i want, what do you guys think?

ashlei4477

Asked by ashlei4477 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Baby Names

• I like Bentley :) Though I wouldn't name my kid that because I am into VERY masculine names for boys because one day they will be MEN.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Your friends need to eff off and learn some manners.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

Answer by CraftingMama

I agree!!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• That is exactly why I kept my kid's names a secret until they were born. Seems when you are pregnant people have no problem telling you how much they hate the name you pick, but once the baby is here and named, no one says a word. Name him what you want and keep it to yourself...and maybe get new friends?? lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't understand why people think they can make comments like that about other people's kids, especially those of people they are close with.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• your child your decision. Once he is born the name will start to grow on people.
    I dont particularly care for Bentley but it isnt terrible and Bentley Rhyan has a nice flow.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes, he is your child. But also realize that this name is his and will be with him forever.

Personally, I would spell Rhyan the regular way - Ryan. It looks a lot like you are trying too hard to spell a more common name differently. Both DD and I have names that have to be spelled to everyone, and trust me, it gets old quickly.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• thank you guys for all ur answers. they all make sense!
    ashlei4477

Comment by ashlei4477 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I like it. I don't know why others are being so negative! It is so rude.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Oh my gosh! Bentley is my favorite name ever!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 4:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011