23 weeks pregnant and....

Is anyone else experiencing this or had this around their 23 week?!

I am having the following symptoms, and they've been happening now for about three days straight, I am very weak, having mild headaches in my neck area, dizziness, my eyes are all blurry/tired feeling, i feel overly exhausted, i have been having bad cramping/tightening of my stomach every 30-45 minutes, and pains through out my legs/hips and my lower back is killing me.

*I have tried laying on my left side - doesn't help. I've been drinking tons of water, and have been laying down with my feet elevated!*

I don't know if I am coming down with something or if this is just something that is going on with my pregnancy, my pregnancy hasen't been the "greatest" from day one, just thought i'd see if anyone has experienced something similiar at 23 weeks! :)

PrdWifeNMom07

Asked by PrdWifeNMom07 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i am 33 weeks and had something similiar during that time... my dr told me that it was most likely just cold symptoms starting. but if the cramping is really bad and nothing else is working u should call just to make sure
    ashlei4477

Answer by ashlei4477 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• could be the start of pre-e. Hows your BP
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 3:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think if you just had a few of your symptoms, they could be chalked up to normal pregnancy symptoms, or a mild cold or flu or something, but all of them together, especially the cramping that doesn't go away if you lay down.....I would be on the phone with your doctor or midwife. Hope you feel better!!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Thank you (: I had a cold a few weeks ago, but never had anything like this, until now. Dang bodies LOL.
    I go into the doctor next week and the advice nurse just told me to hold out until I go into the doctor unless my water breaks or I have contractions every 2-3 minutes apart.
    PrdWifeNMom07

Comment by PrdWifeNMom07 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have had high blood pressure since I had my daughter 3 years ago, and was on medicine for it until I got pregnant, and then they took me off of my blood pressure medicines, my blood pressure has been fine at every appointment.

I am worried it might be Pre-E as well, but the advise nurse tells me it doesn't sound like it and since my BP was fine at my last check up the don't think I have it.
    PrdWifeNMom07

Comment by PrdWifeNMom07 (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• You might be having preterm labor. I was 27 weeks and feeling bad/weak. Turned out I was contracting every 3 minutes. I was given meds and put on bedrest. I carried to 37 weeks when I was induced. Call your doctor and be prepared to go in for a check up and perhaps a trip directly to the hospital from there.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• YES! I was going through the same thing right around that time and my doctor said that our hormones are surging at that point. I had killer headaches that were putting me in tears. Like the others mentioned, watch for any other warning signs but it is my hunch that, lucky you, are just normal!!
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Just cause your BP has been normal up til the last visit doesnt mean nothing been there done that.. I ended up with the 3rd stage of pre-e at 28 weeks with my 2nd DD its no fun and you can always go to the E.R.
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 3:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• completely disagree with the advice nurse....I had a preemie at 27 weeks due to pre E...had NO indications of it, the 2 weeks before at my appointment. the blurry vision and headache really worry me...you need to get in to get your pressure checked...ASAP....my son and I were VERY sick when he was born. I just had a baby in September, and I always had to go in with any headache, even without vision issues....I was consistently borderline until after she was born....please do not ignore these symptoms....if it's nothing it's nothing...but don't ignore it like I did...I would do ANYTHING to have listened to my first instincts....my sons life could have been a lot different....if they catch it early it's treatable...but if you wait too long like I did...the only thing they can do is deliver.....
    spatymcspat

Answer by spatymcspat at 5:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My husband checks my bp daily here...and it's fine right now, they scheduled me for an appointment next week. They told me i'm probably "becoming sick".
    PrdWifeNMom07

Comment by PrdWifeNMom07 (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2011