Suragote? (SP?)

Have you ever thoguht of being a surrogote mom? Would you do it for a family member or close freind who couldn't have a baby?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• There is a select group (of like 3 people) I would do it for. But all of them have been able to have kids.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would do it if someone was willing to pay all the doctor bills and stuff.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 3:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have been asked and I told them no personal I could not do it, it was my motherin law and her boyfriend which they are not together now
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 3:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't think I'd do it. I truly hated pregnancy both times. Maybe egg donation, but carrying a child is not something I'd do again.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I can't have kids, but if I could and was only the gestational carrier(their egg and sperm), I would probably do it for a few people, as long as they paid the doctor bills.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 3:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I might if it was someone I was close to. As PP said they would have to pay all the bills.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes, I would do it as long as the child was not biologically related to me or hubby. The parents would have to pay all the bills and the inconveniences of pregnancy.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I actually want to be a surrogate. I want another pregnancy/birth experience, but I don't want another baby, so it seems like the logical choice (of course with the intended parents paying all costs associated with the pregnancy, as usual in these circumstances). And after having been through my emotional state while pregnant with and just after the birth of my second baby, I'm certain I won't have any problems with that aspect of it, even for a stranger. Before my second pregnancy, there were only two people, both of whom I'm very close to, for whom I would even have considered the possibility, and it wasn't a sure thing for either of them. It's not something everyone can do, which is one of the things that makes it such a great gift for people who are able to give it. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't think I could do it because I wouldn't want to give the baby to them. I had such a hard time with having my dd though, I dont' think I could do it.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yes i would but my hubby says no that he would leave if i ever did that carry someone else's baby. he is a very selfish many anyway. his sister and her husband asked me to for them once for them and he showed his a$$ so it was never mentioned again.
    blessedwkrysta

Answer by blessedwkrysta at 2:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2011