Are you smarter then a 5th grader?

No, would be my answer. Sadly, I have never gotten all the questions right on the show. I'm watching it now and they had a question about irregular nouns, and I swear I had never heard of an irregular noun in my 12 years of school or my 4 years of college. Granted my degree is Special Education, not English, but how did I make it to the age of 23 and never hear of an irregular noun? In any case, anyone else not smarter then a 5th grader?

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would hope so, I'm teaching our 6th and 10th graders. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I love that show, but I can't believe some of the questions they ask. I don't get them all right either.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i heard they cheat by giving the kid a book to study from before the show :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• im in high school right now, and i have never heard of an irregular noun before, and im in 3 different english classes! so i guess im not smarted then a 5th grader. :( too bad. XD
    ChelseyAnn_0

Answer by ChelseyAnn_0 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm glad I'm not the only one with this irregular noun situation! Apparently its a noun that you can't just add S to to make it plural. For example leaf is a noun, leaves is an irregular noun... who knew?
    ba13ygrl1987

Comment by ba13ygrl1987 (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I hope so. lol!
    free1

Answer by free1 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Well it makes sense that the kids know, because they learned the information last year... versus an adult who learned it 20+ years ago and has forgotten it. But I swear some of the questions I was never taught in school!
    ba13ygrl1987

Comment by ba13ygrl1987 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• no, i'm definitely not either..lol
    ThankfullyProud

Answer by ThankfullyProud at 4:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes I am and I am a beast at Cash Cab too. I am full of useless random trivia. Wonder what I would be capable of without all of that uselss information in my head.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2011