The state of Kentucky has filed a bill to require random drug testing for individuals receiving public assistance...

It's about time. What do you think?

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/nkypolitics/2011/01/17/bill-filed-to-require-drug-tests-for-medicaid-welfare-recipients/

MomMom23

Asked by MomMom23 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• clapping

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It's about time were my exact words!!
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I agree with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• GENIUS! Now let all other states JUMP on this!
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I agree with it for sure!! I hope they test often..its my understanding that this bill has not passed yet...it has only been filed.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I work in an ER where the majority of the patients that come in have no jobs, they're on Medicaid and they reek of pot and meth. They don't work, where do they get the money to buy drugs?
    MomMom23

Comment by MomMom23 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Sweet, it's about time that this is coming to light and people in the position to do something about it and correct it are doing it. I hope it does pass and other states follow!
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Wish my state did! I live on a stateline city, and it is a big welfare population. I do know that there are people who are collecting from my state and the state below us. It ticks me off that I bust my butt working to support MY family and having to do without and the majority of the people around me get everything handed to them for free and always seem to be able to afford cigarettes, beer, fancy expensive cell phones, salon nails..... while I have to scrimp, save and do without things that my family needs!
    Anonymous

• I agree with it. I think some not all abuse the money that they are given. I hope the other states will do this also.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i recieve public assistance and believe this is a great idea and all states should do it there are way tomany people on it that use the money for drug money and people like me that work but still cant afford to live without it
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2011