Dealing w/ Friends Divorce

My husband is still friends with his demo. derby buddy after demo buddy recently got divorced from his wife ( which is my best friend ( they divorced because demo buddy was extremely jealous, controlling and verbally abusive). Demo. buddy is controlling and manipulative slightly to hubby and hubby doesn't see any of it. He pretty much idolizes demo buddy. He says jump and hubby says how high. I do not like demo buddy. I don't trust him and when he was married to my best friend he was getting jealous of our relationship for no reason. I don't want hubby to be friends with demo buddy anymore but is pathetic? I don't know what to do in this situation? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I would try to sit dowm & talk to your DH & explain in detail everything you feel since guys need more detailed explanations .. & GL
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 3:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would tell my DH I do nopt like him. And he is not welcome in my/our house. You want to hang out with him. do it somewhere else.

Answer by louise2 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My husband and I have a deal that if one doesn't like that others friend than the friend doesn't come around except on rare occasions. hubby can go out with friend, but i don't allow friend at my house. It's a respect t hing between hubby and I. Also, if i see any disrespect in my house, I immediantly address it and tell who ever is in my house to fix it or leave!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 3:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think you can tell hubby you prefer not to be around his friend and hubby can respect that and not bring his friend to the house too often. I think hubby obligation is to the family so his time away with friends should be limited to a few hours a week. beyond that I think he should be able to have him as a friend if he wants to. Hubby is a grown man and you dont really have to like all his friends.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011