Did you have a house warming party?

My mom and MIL keep telling my husband and I that we shouldn't buy things for the house, that we will get it when we have a house warming party. But no one we know has had one, were not sure if people still have them anymore.

austinsmama1106

Asked by austinsmama1106 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• no and we just bought our house lol
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 3:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Nope.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 3:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My sil did have one, it is asking for a gift. To me that is what your bridal shower is for. Again this is just me.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I know not one person who had one. lol. Heard about it back in the day lol. But never heard that you actually get stuff for the house. Just a party where yoru friends and family comes by
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My mom threw a housewarming party for us when we moved into our first home. If you throw one yourself, that's asking for a gift, if someone else throws one for you, it's not the same.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No. I don't know anyone who's done that either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No, we both owned our own homes before we married, and built and moved into our home, 2 years after we married, so between our respective homes and our wedding gifts (most of which hadn't been opened or used at the time), and having a 9 month old child, we had MORE than enough things to fill nearly every nook and cranny of our home! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Would have been nice.
    mamagoose524

Answer by mamagoose524 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011