Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should i do?

My daughter turns 2 today and we are having a party for her sat. my mom and dad are getting devorced and my mom is living with us I want my dad there but my husband dont cause they have had a fallin out Help the party is at my house

Answer Question

Asked by april_f at 4:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

Level 15 (2,065 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Your parents are both adults. Simply make it very clear to both of them that you expect them to behave as such. This party is for their granddaughter. It isn't about them. You can just tell them they are more than welcome to not come if they feel they cannot behave in a civil manner to each other.

    Answer by Marwill at 4:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

  • They are both adults and can put their differences aside for one day to share the joy of their grandchild's birthday.

    Answer by Misteh at 4:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

  • I agree! Don't allow them to behave like children... same for your mother, if she cannot be respectful and pleasant then ask her to leave for the duration of the party. Your husband needs to backing you up on this, and enforcing your rules.

    Answer by MommaHerring at 4:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

  • Invite your father. He is still her grandfather, and nothing is going to change that. Tell your DH and mother that they are going to have to be adults or they are going to have to deal with a pissed off mom. The rest of it should be up to your dad. If he refuses to come, make an effort to go to him the next day. He needs to be reminded that he is loved, and everyone needs to be reminded that the day is about the child, NOT about them.


    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

  • Invite him and tell your parents you want them both at the party, but they need to behave for their grandchild's sake. Some ex's can get together and be civil and some can't. It will be harder when your parents bring new spouses into the ralationship, but if you want both parents there, just tell them to come and behave.

    Answer by Honda309 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.