What was your first reaction when you knew you were pregnant?

How did you react to this news?

GlitteribonMom

Asked by GlitteribonMom at 4:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• With my son... "shit" because I was 17 and conceived on BC... With this one, not planned, but super excited, I love surprises :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• FINALLY!!! And the relief knowing that I can get pregnant. My husband and I were beginning to worry. And then Excitement.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I was ecstatic. So was my husband. We had been married for 6 years, and trying for 6 months when I became pregnant with our only child.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• "Oh my god. What do I do? He just said 6 months ago he was thinking about maybe not ever having kids! Oh yeah, dumbass! You're broke too!"

Thankfully when I told my partner the news he was super excited and that talk about never having kids completely disappeared out of his head. And finances have been much better the last few months too.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Super Happy it seemed like it took forever with both pregnancy
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I didn't quite believe it. I was 28 so not too young, been with the DH 9 years or so and wanted kids, but hadn't been trying so it was a surprise. I had taken a urine test at home that came up negative, finally got a blood test a few weeks later that came up positive. I walked around stunned for about a week until my first doctor's appointment. At the end I was like "So, I'm definitely pregnant, right?" and he gave me the strangest look and said yes. I think he wanted to add a "Duh" in there but he refrained. Then I felt a million things: excited, happy, nervous, hungry, etc. But never for one second did I regret that I was pregnant. I loved and wanted her from the moment I knew she was there, and even before that if it's possible.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• excited bc they were planned an it just wouldn't happen til we stop trying
    quetta669

Answer by quetta669 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• With my first I freaked. I was 18, and had only been married for 3 months. With my next I was super excited because we had been trying for over 6 months. With my next I freaked because it was unplanned, but also excited. With my next really happy because I had just gone through a miscarriage. With my pregnancy right now I am excited, but still really nervous because my youngest will have just turned a year when I have this one, but I know it will all work out.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 5:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• "*uck! @uck! #uck, %uck! !uck! &uck!!!!" Being 36, single & a 1st time Mom??? Knowing the "Dad" would not be there for me and the baby, it was hard. But then I just thought to myself, this is what was suposed to happen. I took it in and I would not change it for anything. She is the best thing that has EVER happened to me. Love ya Bugger Boo!!! =-)
    ErinsMomma1

Answer by ErinsMomma1 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• With my first, I was scared. I lost that little one though. With my second, I was thrilled and unsure the test was right - it was hard to tell the line was so faint.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 5:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011