Did your baby inhale poop during labor?

thre doctors said they would take it out right away whewn she was out but did they really get it all out... ever since that day it sounds like my baby has mucus in her throat... help

Hyde3

Asked by Hyde3 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• I would take her to a Dr. This happened to my friend, her daughter swallowed some and the Dr's didn't even give her daughter a shot (when they are supposed too) she took her daughter home and not even a day later her daughter was struggling to breath and had to be rushed to the hospital and spent a month in Childrens Hospital with breathing problems and getting sick from the bacteria. She almost died.
    If I were you I would take her in, better safe then sorry
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes, and she had to have antibiotics and was in the NICU for a week until I was allowed to bring her home. I'd take the baby to the doctor just to be safe.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 5:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• that happen to me i took her to the hospital and they kept saying it is normal!!! Gnomeofmyheart 33
    Hyde3

Comment by Hyde3 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Both my oldest and youngest did my oldest was fine, but my youngest had an infection had too stay in the hospital 2 weeks with iv but he was fine after and is great today i would take baby to doctor.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• but i dont know what to do because they say its mucus or phlem she has there and it will go away ..wheni took her to the emergency they told me she had bronchitis??? so idk
    Hyde3

Comment by Hyde3 (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2011