Pain in upper abdomen..

I am 34 weeks pregnant and for the past 3 to 4 days i have had the most horrendous pain. it goes from the middle of my abdomen across to under my right breast like in my ribs then in a line to my back under my shoulder blade. I finally had enough last night so I called the dr at 1:30am and he said if it got worse to go to the er. and he didnt seem to concerned. well needless to say it went away a little and I got some sleep! but now its even more excruciating. I dont know what to do or what it could be. oh and this morning ive been seeing little flashing lights floating in front of my eyes. tylenol doesnt help or heat. thanks for the help!

axbeautifulxlie

Asked by axbeautifulxlie at 1:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Health

• It might be gall bladder pain, but it's really hard to say. If I were you I'd be persistent with your dr. and get him to see you. If not then go to the ER if it keeps up like this. Good luck to you.
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 4:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• If you are that far along in pg and that kind of pain with flashing spots.... then have that checked immediately. Don't risk you or the babies health in any way.
    Anonymous

• Thank you both for the help. I did end up just going to the er last night. I was admitted to the maternity ward because I was dehydrated (which is why i had the flashing spots) and the dehydration was causing contractions, so they gave me meds to stop them. They found that the pain was caused by my gallbladder, but theres nothing they can do until the baby is born .until then i just have to change my diet. Thanks again!!!
    axbeautifulxlie

Answer by axbeautifulxlie at 12:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2008