My 20 month old seems to hate her daddy..

Everytime she sees him she wails and shouts something along the lines of: "no want daddy". I've tried leaving them and letting them spend time together but she absolutely can't seem to stay calm whilst with him, and just screams "away away". Anyone ever had this problem? He works alot so it may be that she's not used to him, but we can't really change that, cus he spends every available moment with the kids. What can I do to make her be nicer to him? My other kids always loved it when daddy got home.

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 1:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Aww... that sucks. :( I'd try talking daddy up all day long. Every time you mention his name, light up so she gets a good feeling every time you mention him. She will come around. This is the age where seperation anxiety often sets in, so hopefully, its only a stage. Good luck!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• OHhh that is heart breaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be hard on the daddy too...

Having alone time with u ...and daddy...and the little one...will be good....and just bascially tell her...STOP acting like this girl...your tripping..

Im sure her daddy doesnt hurt her..so...i wouldnt really worry about it!
    Anonymous

• It was the other way around for me.. Im a SAHM and my youngest, 15 months will not come to me.. he acts as if Im a monster... but loves his daddy. He only says Da Da my 3 yr will say him brothers name so there my little one will say Da Da.. So my 3 yr doesn't really say Da Da anymore he has a talkin parrot..lol... But I know why he is that way with me, be I am the one who disciplines him,the one who puts him to bed and even tho he gets up out of his toddler bed I still keep laying him down until he gives up..he uses it as a game... I would tell ur hubby to joke with her.. tickle her, do funny faces or dances... it might break the ice...
    mrsfarris

Answer by mrsfarris at 4:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2008