Cardio decisions (exercise)

I have been trying to add more cardio to my routine (which has been horrible lately). I can walk about a mile in 20 minutes or less but then I'm pretty exhausted (I told you it was horrible), but I can ride a bike for about 20 minutes and log about 3 miles in that time.

Which is a better use of my time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I can't walk too fast outdoors or on a treadmill. But I use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds and I would start with the 1 mile video, then built up to the 2, 3, 4 and even 5 mile workouts. When I first did her videos 7 years ago, I was just diagnosed with diabetes and I was at my highest weight. From that April to September I lost 50 pounds and got my diabetes well under control.

About 25 of those pounds crept back on in the last few years but i've done her videos off an on. Now i'm ready to be healthy and happy.. I'm walking 4 to 5 miles a day with her dvd's and since Jan 1st i've lost 14 pounds and my pants are now very baggy in the butt and thighs.

If you have the "On Demand" channels with your cable she has about 6 different workouts on the exercise on demand channel FREE anytime. But the 1 and 2 miles are also free anytime on the channels website: www.exercisetv.tv
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I do better on a bike than I do walking or jogging. There is nothing wrong with riding a bike, it is great exercise and is actually better on your knees.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 4:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• do both, switch it up so your body doesn't get used to it
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i agree, do both, one today, the other tomorrow... it will help you to not get bored and you'll get the benefits of both!
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Anything that gets your heart pumping is beneficial.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I like the switch it up idea!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Switch!
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I would switch doing them, sounds like the best plan to me.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011