Why does a wedding dress have to be white (creme colored, champagne, whatever)? I think it's just so phony when you're actually not a virgin anymore.

It used to be a symbol of virginity. That you're pure. And I dare to make a guess that these days, in most cases, it's just show.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Its your day you can get married naked if you want
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Creme or other colors besides white are for non virgins lol. Pure white is the virgin color.

Answer by gemgem at 4:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yeah thats what it used to mean...it just became tradition after that to have a $5,000 white gown
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• White is traditional for brides. What does it matter what color she wears as long as her wedding day is happy? Times have changed and a lot of other things don't mean what they used to mean. Remember when "shut up" used to mean "close your mouth"?
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It's the Bride's day. She can wear whatever she wants.
    jazzgal

Answer by jazzgal at 4:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• LOL I agree but you sometimes can tell who the virgins and wild woman are especially if you know them personally...lol but hey if they want to pull it off morepowertothem but we know better...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I had a red gown, bought by http://redhotbrides.com/home/ I would never ever wear a white gown, I think it looks bad and I don't like conventional things anyways, but most of all, I really don't like white as a color. "Alice" was my wedding gown and it was this one http://redhotbrides.com/home/images/phocagallery/MaggieSottero/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_maggie-alice2.jpg I wouldn't change it for all the white gowns in the world. :)
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have watched "Say Yes To The Dress". Some women have ordered colored wedding gowns.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think it is just done because it is tradition and most people expect to see the bride in white. And White looks good in photos, especially when the guy is wearing a dark tux or suit. When I got married the second time, I was looking at a red dress--bright, fire engine red-but settled on a cream color.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 4:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• lol yeah technically any 'off white' color is for non virgins :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2011