Washing & using towels.

Just for fun I am wondering how often you mama's wash your bath towels? Do you get a few uses out of them or toss them in the hamper after just one use on a clean body? Also, do you wash them with anything else other than towels?
I don't like using mine more than twice but only using them on the same person... except for maybe the kids, they both like the same awesome Dr. Seuss towel. And for some reason I refuse to wash them with anything other than terrycloth. Not even sure why.

McErin48

Asked by McErin48 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I only use mines once before throwing them in the hamper. I only wash with only other towels.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 4:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I use mine 2-3 times tops. I always wash with other towels. Not only to bleach but to avoid the fuzzys on other items
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• 3-4 times. Wash with only same colored towels
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'll use it 2 times, then all the towels are washed together (I wash them in hot water).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Fuzzies! That must be why I don't mix towels with anything.
    McErin48

Comment by McErin48 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I only wash towels and washcloths together, and I always use hot water to do it. I change out hand towels once or twice a day, but bath towels go 2 or 3 days for each person.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• 3x each and we all have our own towels. I only wash my towels & washcloths together in hot water. And I never use a dryer sheet because that makes towels less absorbent.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 5:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• We use each bath towel once, after that it's no longer clean and needs to be washed. All of the towels and wash cloths get washed together and bleached. For hand towels I change them out every day and they are washed with the other towels. With four people all showering at least once a day I run a load of towel every other day.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'll use a bathtowel for weeks. You use it to dry your clean skin, for godsake. If you hang it up to dry, it'll be fresh and ready tomorrow.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Bath towels I change about every 5 days, only wash them separately. I'm at my daughter-in-law's house and they use them once and in the hamper they go, seems like a waste of time, money and energy to me, but it's her house.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2011