? for everyone, regardless of your spiritual path

What is the stupidest, most ignorant, offensive thing someone,either on here, or in real life has said to you about your spiritual path, regardless of what it is, even if you follow none?

Honestly, for me, it was the 900+ questions at Christmas asking if we knew Christmas was "ripped off" from a Pagan ritual. Even though the same one's of us answered everytime, yes we did, they still persisted in posting, even after most of you who aren't Christian had even asked them to stop already.

It's my hope we can all come together on this question, and realize how just a misspoken word can be taken wrong, or if it's deliberate, how much it can hurt. No one's personal spiritual path is stupid to them, and we should all be treated with respect, and not attacked or broken down, regardless of what we believe in or don't believe in.

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Religious Debate

• The most offensive ones are the ones that say that I'm in a cult, I am brainwashed, I'm abusing my children by teaching them about the Bible and God,the Bible is a book of fairy tales, and ( my personal favorite) that I'm an intolerant bigot because I believe that SIN is SIN!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I love the your "Bible is book of myths"- I enjoyed having it compared to Star Wars- I also like when I am called a bible thumper or a God Slave- oh and the best is the "I have an analytical mind so I can not possibly believe in any God(s)" - like those of us that do are just plain stupid and unable to analyze our beliefs ;)
    Oh, and the Invisible Sky Daddy reference is always a joy- and so mature to boot!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Nothing really offends me. I was once saying the same things so therefore I don't take offense. I understand it. I was told in High School when I was an athiest that I was going to hell. I'm not sure how the girl knew that but even then it didn't really offend me, Though now I agree with it, that was not for her to say in the manner she did. On here, though I'm not offended..just more sad or like someone is tearing a knife in my heart, is when people blaspheme my God, Christ or the Holy Spirit. It's very disrespectful. I don't agree with any religion attacking a person of another religion and using belittling names towards their God/Goddesses, whether or not you believe in it. It's a bad reflection of character. Debating and disagreeing is one thing, attacking is another.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 5:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have a new one-this one is right up there with the top 10- YEAH!

Who wouldn't LOVE being told that they don't deserve to live and that they're a fool for thinking with their own brain instead of having the washed, warped mindless one christians have.

soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Why do people think Catholics are not Christians?
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 5:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Matthew 7:15 Watch out for false prophets, for they come to you in sheeps' clothing and inside they are ravening wolves. Do not believe every spirit that claims to be something they are not, test them to see if they are from God.
    Anonymous

• I'd say the most ignorant was that passing fad of "pre-Christian". Insisting that anyone who wasn't a Christian was being misled by Satan and would eventually come around.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I just love it when people ask how I can believe differently than they do because the "Bible clearly says" what we ought to believe, indicating (or even flat out accusing) that I just outright ignore the Bible instead of considering that I understand it differently, and how often I've been called a false prophet or a deceiver just because I believe a little differently than most Christians do. It doesn't offend me, but its not the most considerate things for people to say. It hasn't really happened since they started this whole point thing, though, so I guess I'm thankful to the point system for that, lol.

The "not a True Christian" thing bothers me the most. I don't believe anyone should ever have to defend their spirituality in terms of having to prove or argue that they are what they say they are. Again, I'm glad it doesn't come up much anymore.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• That a person who is not christian won't be able to really understand the bible no matter how many scriptures they know or how many times they have read it

that non-believers cannot possibly have any morals
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Oh and I only encounter this on here- IRL I am lucky enough not to associate with idiots- on here they are at times unavoidable-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011