Do your kids eat sushi?

mine do! They are almost 6 and 4 1/2 and they LOVE sushi. Last weekend my DH made mention of getting some THIS weekend and they talked about it so much he gave in and got some Tuesday, and they scarfed it down. They also like to make their own with nori & rice with rice vinegar. BTW, sushi doesn't automatically mean raw fish(although they did it Tuesday)

rosesNclovers

Asked by rosesNclovers at 1:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Aww that's so awesome that your kids like sushi. My boyfriend and I love it, but since I'm pregnant I can't have any of the kinds I like >:( We're really really hoping our daughter will like it too. I get sick and tired of my family members saying sushi is gross. I say they only say it's gross because they've never tried it! Haha =D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My daughter LOVES sushi, maybe even more than me!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Oh I should've mentioned I don't like it...lol. My DH grew up eating it and loves it. I have tried it and don't care for it(maybe with time), but I don't let that dictate what I feed my children. you know those moms who hate lima beans so won't ever give it to their kids? I can't stand that and make it a point not to do that.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 1:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• You already know that my kids don't like it and neither do I.
    Mikala2659

Answer by Mikala2659 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I wish my kids liked it because DH and I love it. I could eat it a few times week if I could. Maybe one day they will like it too. I didn't start eating sushi until I was in my late 20's. The first time I tried it I was 18 and I threw up so I really can't blame them...

Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• LOL. I know Mickey. I asked because I mentioned to MIL that the girls are unique when it comes to food. And she said that today lots of kids probably eat sushi. I agree there are alot more crazy kids like mine out there now then when I was a kid, but I still thinks its the exception, not the rule. I don't personally know any kids, other than my own, that will eat 1/2 the stuff my girls will eat.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 1:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Yes, my daughter loves sushi! We've been taking her since she was about 2 and now she's 6! Our 2 year old son sort of likes it, he actually prefers miso soup. He loves Thai food though, even spicy!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My daughter ate octopus too...she's eat anything as long as it's not spicy.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• The sushi they had Tuesday had a dragon roll, which is apparently EEL! It was the girls favorite!
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 2:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• my 18month old LOVES sushi! and likes to use his chopsticks to eat edamame
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2008