• In the Spotlight:

what are good ideas for a man cave?

me and my husband are moving into a 3 bedroom.. we have an extra bedroom and its going to be turned into a mancave for him. its guna have our extra tv so it gets out of our bedroom and his computor and xbox in it.. but i wana get it all decorated and furnished as an anniversary gift to him.. any ideas ladies? im not allowed to paint the room.. he said no on that. and im getting a lazy boy and a futon to put in there and a trunk to put a blanket and pillow in it (in case we have a fight and i kick him out of bed) and its guna have a mini fridge filled with mt dew and monster (his favorite drinks) but other then that idk what im putting in there

usmcgirl86

Asked by usmcgirl86 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• tapes games cd's dvd's (duh!) lol. Just kiddn' with ya's. Well maybe some fake electronic candles. How about an ''ocean sound wave, or raining sounds machine that walmart sells, (this is all that stuff I'd put in it) and a little rock waterfall corner for you!, oh ............for HIM. sorry, small style multi function table, with foolsball game, pool, ping pong, and off to the other wall put a heat massage seat, or chair with a portable padded heat/ vibration massage chair pad. Books on projects to ''to-do'' fix - it's in the bath, plumbing, books or magazines on hunting, or man stuff. lol. Black lights, stereo chair with headphones, (too much?????)LOL!!!!
    Anonymous

• oh yeah, and the mt. dew frig
    Anonymous

• we have a 4 bdr and decided to make the 4th room my hubbys man cave....he has jerseys of teams he likes hung up on the walls, and sports memorabilia along with "manly" wall art i got at bed bath & beyond...they say things like "only for men" with a picture of a pinup girl on it and another one that says" game room" ...., they were $15 each. We put a futon up there and he got his xbox and a big flatscreen . he loves it its his getaway lol we also have a queen bed set up in case we have company and thats where they stay!
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Nesting side tables for snacks and drinks. A popcorn machine or a pinball machine...any kind of machine except maybe a sewing machine. Dark curtains (brown, navy, crimson) and a matching rug to catch the spilled monsters before they destroy the carpet. Lowe's has a lot of special lighting sets, to set his gaming mood. My fave are changing color lights that go behind the entertainment system.
    jazzgal

Answer by jazzgal at 5:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• MEN!

tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I paid for the cost of finishing our basement into a man cave for my hubby and a boy cave for our children a couple of years ago! LOL

I divided the basement in half (where the stairs are positioned) and on my hubby's half, bought 3 black leather recliners, installed a wet bar with mini fridge, installed floor to ceiling shelves to house his sports memorabilia, framed all of his cherished sports photos, and moved and arranged all of our workout equipment (weights, treadmill, stair climber, benches, etc.) to one end, installed an older stereo system we had so he can play music while working out, and ran a fourth line to hook up the flat screen TV to our satellite subscription. I also added a storage closet that houses a card table and some folding chairs, so he can have a few friends over to play cards and watch "the game!"

My boys' cave is similar just toys instead of weights, a TV and the pool table! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yeah i like the idea of pinup girl posters and a table for snacks and stuff.. he doesnt really drink (family history issues) and he doesnt really care for sports at all.. hes a gamer nerd and hardly ever has friends over.. but maybe this room will change that.. hopefully.. i think i will get a model boat thingy from michaels for him to put together tho.. he loves sail boats so that might be cool but idk..
    usmcgirl86

Comment by usmcgirl86 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011