looking for an oregon job!?!?!?

When someone has had 2 yrs experience in home care, two yrs in fast food. What kind of jobs are out there. if u have a car, liscence, insurance, etc. live in milwaukie area... what is there!?!?!?!?!

bmychallp

Asked by bmychallp at 5:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Go to craigslist. Its where I found my job for Chicago. I was offered one from Portland and one from Seattle too.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• ive been looking daily. and still nothing, after sending resumes... calls, interviews. everything.
    bmychallp

Comment by bmychallp (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Then I would get some listings for agencies out there and start making some calls. Or be more proactive and find some companies that interests you and send a CV or Cover Letter/Resume. If you still don't find anything try changing tactics. Make some jokes in your cover letters. Make sure your resume is the best it can be.

Just don't give up.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• If you have 2 years of in home care experience and have a car. Check out agencies for home care, group homes, adult foster homes. If you are up to date in all of your certifications, start checking into local hospital/clinic networks (like Legacy) to see if what positions for "aids" are open for hire.

If you have 2 years fast food experience check out restaurants and companies like McMenamins and other locally owned restaurant/club/b&b type businesses. Also check out hotel chains ( Red Lion, Hilton..etc).

I live in downtown Portland. The pickings for those with little work experience &/or no college degree are pretty slim right now.

Good Luck to you.. I hope you are able to find something soon.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It's slim pickens here in Bend, I'll tell you that. Plenty of foreclosures & places still going out of business. Too many people out of work & homeless. I for one, hope the economy starts improving here soon. I need a job and am coming from being a SAHM for the past 17 yrs. competing with college students and people with degrees for minimum wage jobs. It sucks!
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 5:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• try temp agency's I had allot of good jobs from temp agencys. And I became permanet and some even offer health insurance...
    NothinShockin

Answer by NothinShockin at 6:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I agree with the above poster.

Temp jobs are great, because you get to try out alot of jobs. Some last one day, some last two months. Sometimes the business even asks to hire you from the Temp agency. Not all temp jobs are clerical, either. Register with one or two temp agencies, and soon you'll start getting work!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• thank you all for the answers!!! ill check all of them out today :) good luck with all of you who are looking as well.
    bmychallp

Comment by bmychallp (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Jan. 27, 2011