has anyone had to go and do the three hour glucose test if so what should i expect

kirbysmommy

Asked by kirbysmommy at 1:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yeah i did...just basically it's like the hour test but it's 3 of course.i failed my first one..so i went back for the 3 hour test..and i passed it...
    Anonymous

• Yes, I had it. Not fun, but then I was extremely nauseous, so it was torture. You drink the yucky stuff and wait three hours and they take your blood. If you are having a tough pregnancy, I wouldn't drive myself home.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 1:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Mine was not fun at all:( The stuff is pretty icky and I had to stay at the office the whole 3 hours and theyd rew my blood every hour ,but a friend of mine told me she got to leave and come back after the 3 hours and they only took her blood once so maybe you'll get lucky and thats how it will go for you! Good Luck
    patientlyw8ing

Answer by patientlyw8ing at 1:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I had to with all three pregnancies and had to stay for them to draw my blood every hour. Take something to read or do!
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 1:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• MINE WAS ONLY 1 HOUR.
    IT ISNT BAD AT ALL.
    YOU HAVE 5 MIN TO DRINK THE SUGAR DRINK. I GOT ORANGE FLAVOR AND IT TASTED ACTUALLY GOOD.
    THEN YOU SIT THERE FOR A HOUR READING MAGAZINES. SOME PEOPLE MAY FEEL DIZZY OR SLEEPY BUT IF YOU ARE A SWEET EATER ITS NO PROB. I FELT PERFECTLY FINE.
    THEN THEY TAKE YOUR BLOOD IN LIKE 3 TUBES.
    ITS NO BIG DEAL I COULD DO IT WEEKLY IF I NEEDED TO.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• well here's how mine went....got there, take blood, drink the drink in 5 minutes, take my blood after 30 minutes.....take blood after another 30 minutes.....wait an hour, take blood, wait an hour, take blood. I just got really bored, sleepy and hungry waiting...they took my blood a total of 5 times
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 2:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Not all that bad,the drink is like soda with alot of cornsyrup,it's not good but not much of it either. Drink in paces. As far as blood you get blood drawn once they put it in the tube. I get called with results.
    loriec

Answer by loriec at 2:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It isn't THAT bad, the solution tastes like sprite, you have to fast and then wait an hour. You get pretty hungry. Just bring snack to eat after they draw your blood
    Anonymous

• I just had one and failed it:( I'm now considered a Gestational Diabetic and have to see a specialist. I'm only 18 weeks but I was insulin dependent with my first pregnancy so I wasn't suprised. Lets just say it's very boring and the drink is gross. I especially hate it cuz I only drink diet soda and this is like very sweet orange soda. I had my blood drawn, drank t glasses of the stuff, waited an hour, had my blood drawn again, another hour had blood drawn again. You get the point. I think you have to have 2 out of the 3 blood draws to be elevated for them to consider you diabetic. In my case I only had one that was high but since I had it with my first,they went ahead and considered me diabetic. I'm depressed! Right before the holidays and I have to watch what I eat!!!
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Its not too bad....you drink the orange drink, kinda sweet and then you have to wait to get your blood drawn. Its checking to see how your sugar is...nothing to worry about.
    Weesmom

Answer by Weesmom at 3:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2008