HOW DO I GET MY 5 YEAR OLD DOG TO STOP BARKING AT LITERALLY EVERYTHING

JULIE-LYN

Asked by JULIE-LYN at 1:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pets

• buy a shock collar!!!
    Anonymous

• What kind of a dog is he/she? Might seem like a weird question but I've noticed that some breeds of dogs just bark more than others. I have a Jack Russell terrier and a pit bull/Austrialian shepherd mix and the jack russell barks at every little noise and the pit bull I've only heard bark a few times. My jack russell is just very high strung in general and I haven't figured out a way of getting him to stop barking or stressing out.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• it's a male i"m not sure the vet thinks he has brindle bullmastive in him my brother in law told me if i didn"t take him he'd end up in the pound that was 4&1/2 years ago he was abused they kicked him so hard they drove his nut up in his stomache somewhere other then the barking couldn't ask for a better dog he doesn't leave the yard great with the kids had to work with alot at first but now not as timid
    JULIE-LYN

Answer by JULIE-LYN at 2:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• had a shock collar barks even more used a mist collar as well tried a musel he gets out of them if he"s tied he gets out regardless choker , bodyharness
    JULIE-LYN

Answer by JULIE-LYN at 2:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I would shoot her with the water gun everytime....

Or ..using chains to jingle around and shout LEAVEEE ITTT! and run at her each time..will eventually work...
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Im a fan of the Dog Whisper, I believe in training and discipline. If you got the patience I would try that.
    Mooska

Answer by Mooska at 3:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2008